Scott County Indiana History

1874

Travis Carter & Co reported to the Board that courthouse and jail were fully completed

James K Collins was allowed $1.09 for lamps, water buckets and tin cups furnished for use of the county officers

Gideon Johnson authorized and directed to contract for the construction of iron cells in the jail

“There being in the town of Scottsburg no building in which religious worship can be held, it is ordered by the Board that all religious denominations desiring it can have the use of the Court Room for public worship and Sabbath school upon the following express conditions…”

Courthouses switched

Commissioners directed County Auditor to sell old courthouse square in Lexington

Melvin Hubbard awarded contract for $50 for erecting hitching-racks around courthouse square